At Christ Church worship is the center of all that we do. We use the 1979 Book of Common Prayer, which originated in 1549. "The Prayer Book" is one of the hallmarks of Anglican Episcopal Churches throughout the world. Lay people participate with the clergy in the conduct of services. Our services use "traditional" language ("Rite 1"). Our primary service is the Holy Eucharist. We invite all baptized Christians to receive the sacrament of Holy Communion, and we welcome children at the communion rail. One Sunday each month, we have the traditional service of Morning Prayer.

Christ Church was founded in 1883 and consecrated in 1888. Historical documents reveal the Reverend Frank Stringfellow, General Lee's famous scout, held services in Amelia Court House and urged his following to build an Episcopal church in the area. The pews in Christ Church were donated by Bruton Parish, Williamsburg. The pews had replaced the original colonial pews in Bruton Parish in 1840. In 1905,when Bruton Parish was restored to its original style, its congregation gave the pews to Christ Church.

Joomla templates by a4joomla